Accelerating Effective Employee Training with TWI Job Instruction
1:00PM - 3:30PM
$595 per personRegister Here
If you are interested in sending 5 or more employees to this training opportunity, please contact Robynn Albert at [email protected] or (802) 793-2078. Also, we will need a minimum of eight (8) persons registered for this training by Monday, October 11, otherwise we will re-schedule for a later date.
Today, many manufacturers are addressing a critical need – how to attract and train new employees, and/or retain, cross-train, and upskill their existing employees. Training Within Industry Job Instruction (TWI JI) training, delivered remotely, can help manufacturers who are facing these challenges caused or made worse by the global pandemic.
Implementing a training system using the simple and repeatable Training Within Industry methods allows a company to address immediate challenges, such as:
- Plans for existing employees to build skills and flexibility through cross training
- Identifying risks and mitigating exposure in areas that might be shut down if a key employee were unavailable
- Identifying areas where staffing is needed and plans for new hire training
- Increase hiring pool; with ability to attract and train employees with no manufacturing experience
Read here what some Vermont participants had to say
about their recent TWI JI training experience:
“Progressively learning more as the presentations went on gave time for it all to soak in.”
“I enjoyed the way the course was laid out for remote learning and being able to still interact with both the instructors and trainees.”
“I really liked making a simple process to train someone. Very exciting!”
Also, read this valuable blog, “10 Myths about Training Within Industry Job Instruction”.
To help companies get the greatest benefit from this train-the-trainer course, a VMEC advisor will work with each company’s participants and sponsor to identify a meaningful implementation project. Participants can then start their project at the completion of the training to immediately practice and apply the new skills and address an important company objective.
Training Within Industry Job Instruction Training (TWI JI) was developed to provide companies with a training system to quickly and effectively train employees and track employee training.
It has 3 components:
- Planning and tracking employee Training and proficiency using a Training Matrix;
- Defining the tasks to be trained using the Job Breakdown Sheet (JBS); and
- Providing training to individuals using the TWI JI 4-step training method.
This is a Train-the-Trainer workshop. The objective of the workshop is to train employees how to teach someone else a job using the TWI JI method. Knowing how to do something does not mean that we know how to teach someone else how to do it, or how to track their progress. Instructors need to clearly convey each element of a job task and why it needs to be done correctly. We cannot have standard work without standard training. TWI JI teaches how to document standard work with a JBS and how to instruct others using the JBS.
The course is presented in 5, two-and-a-half-hour sessions spread over over 3 weeks and will be fully remote using Zoom. More than half of the course time is spent on applied learning to develop the skills of each attendee, including coaching on the development of a JBS and application of the TWI 4-Step Method. This learn-by-doing concept forms the key to the TWI teaching method.
Who Should Attend:
- Each company is encouraged to have 2 people attend the training together. These should be individuals who are responsible for training others (such as: supervisors, leads, trainers) and/or for managing the company’s training system (such as: HR professional, training manager, operations manager).
- Each company must have a sponsor for the course who will be responsible for selecting and coaching an implementation project following the training. VMEC advisors will assist with selecting a project and coaching the sponsor. If the sponsor is not familiar with TWI Job Instruction, then we encourage them to be one of the training participants.
- Training Within Industry Job Relations training is also offered and participants are encouraged to consider both training opportunities. Click this link to view upcoming trainings; if TWI JR is not shown, please inquire at [email protected]
Dates: Tuesdays and Thursdays, October 19, 21, 26 & 28 and November 2, 2021; 1:00 – 3:30 pm
Venue: Zoom meeting – Participants must have a camera and microphone in order to participate in the course.
Please let VMEC know if there are other ways we can help you participate in this very important opportunity. Email: [email protected] or contact Phil Chadderdon, VMEC Advisor, at [email protected] or (802) 274-1407.
NOTE: In order to ensure VMEC is offering the best business improvement programs to Vermont manufacturers and justify continued U.S. Dept. of Commerce funding for these services, participants may be asked to provide impact data and assessment through an impartial 3rd party survey firm 6 – 12 months after a VMEC-hosted public workshop.
Payment: Please make check payable to “VMEC” and mail to PO Box 12, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0012. To pay by credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX), click here.