Strengthening Supervisor-Employee Relationships with TWI Job Relations
9:00AM - 11:30AM
$595 per personRegister Here
NOTE: We will need a minimum of eight (8) persons registered for this training by Wednesday, October 12 , otherwise we will re-schedule for a later date.
If you are interested in sending 5 or more employees to this training opportunity, please contact Robynn Albert at [email protected] or (802) 793-2078.
Establishing and maintaining good supervisor-employee relationships and effectively solving people-related problems are critical skills for anyone in a leadership role. This course can help manufacturers who are facing workforce challenges.
This TWI Job Relations training addresses one of the most challenging parts of the supervisor’s job – establishing and maintaining good supervisor-employee relations and dealing with problems when they arise. Training and coaching supervisors to use this proven, simple, and repeatable TWI JR methodology allows a company to:
- Create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences contribute to their full potential
- Build trust and collaboration needed for continuous improvement
- Have a consistent and coachable methodology for dealing with people problems
- Increase the confidence of new and existing supervisors to effectively build strong job relations and solve people issues that arise
- Strengthen the ability to attract and train employees with no manufacturing experience as a result of having good foundations for strong job relations
Read here what some Vermont participants had to say
about their recent TWI JR training experience:
“Learning about the foundations for good relations and realizing how much of an impact this knowledge will have on our team. I am thankful to have the 4 step method as a tool now. You’ve given me new hope!”
“The demos were by far the best part. Using the process in action and hearing other suggestions that I may not have thought of was really helpful.”
“I liked the idea of having outside eyes help me solve my problem as well as learning new and different ways to be an effective leader.”
“I really enjoyed the class. Getting feedback and ideas was very helpful. Being conscious of the 4 steps and the foundations will definitely be beneficial when issues come up in the future. Even with the class online, I felt very engaged and plan to keep the blue card available at all times for reference.”
To help companies get the greatest benefit from this training course, a VMEC advisor will work with each company’s participants and sponsor. Practice using the tools starts after the first day of training. The sponsor is there for support and coaching as participants apply what they have learned.
Training Within Industry Job Relations (TWI JR) was developed to teach good leadership skills to front line supervisors. The training was developed at Harvard University during World War II and it is still used today by some of the world’s most successful manufacturing companies.
There are two components to the training:
- Foundations for how to establish good relations with your people (proactive), and
- A four-step method for how to handle problems when they do arise (reactive).
This workshop is ideal for supervisors and managers that are new to leadership or want a refresher on these skills. Leaders at all levels in the organization can benefit from this training as they learn a common language and methods and coach and support each other in applying the skills learned.
The course is presented in 5 two-and-a-half-hour sessions in a single week (future courses may have a different format) and will be fully remote using Zoom. More than half of the course time is spent on applied learning with everyday experiences and situations to develop the skills of each participant. In addition to the instructor’s case studies, each participant completes one demonstration during the week – applying the 4-step TWI JR methodology taught to a people problem from their own work experience.
Who Should Attend:
- Each company is encouraged to have 2 people attend the training together. These should be individuals who are responsible for directing the work of others, leading or training and/or people who are supervising or coaching supervisors (managers, Operations leaders, HR managers, others).
- Each company must have a sponsor for the course who supports the practice and application of the knowledge both during and following the training. VMEC advisors will assist and be available to help participants and sponsors as they define obstacles and next steps. If the sponsor is not familiar with TWI Job Relations, then we encourage them to be one of the training participants.
- Training Within Industry Job Instruction training is also offered and participants are encouraged to consider both training opportunities. Click this link to view upcoming trainings; if TWI JI is not shown, please inquire at [email protected]
Dates and Time: Monday – Friday, October 24 – 28, 2022 / 9:00 – 11:30 am
Venue: Zoom meeting – Participants must have a camera and microphone in order to participate in the course.
Questions? Please contact Phil Chadderdon, VMEC Advisor, at [email protected] or (802) 274-1407.
NOTE: In order to ensure VMEC is offering the best business improvement programs to Vermont manufacturers and justify continued U.S. Dept. of Commerce funding for these services, participants may be asked to provide impact data and assessment through an impartial 3rd party survey firm 6 – 12 months after a VMEC-hosted public workshop.
Payment: Please make check payable to “VMEC” and mail to PO Box 12, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0012. To pay by credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX), click here.