Strengthening Supervisor-Employee Relationships with TWI Job Relations
9:00AM - 11:30AM
$595 per personRegister Here
You may view a TWI Overview (recorded September 2020, 19 minutes)
here for questions you may have on this course.
If you are interested in sending 5 or more employees to this training opportunity, please contact Robynn Albert at [email protected] or (802) 793-2078.
Establishing and maintaining good supervisor-employee relationships and effectively solving people-related problems are critical skills for anyone in a leadership role. This course, delivered remotely, can help manufacturers who are facing workforce challenges caused or made worse by the global pandemic.
This TWI Job Relations training addresses one of the most challenging parts of the supervisor’s job – establishing and maintaining good supervisor-employee relations and dealing with problems when they arise. Training and coaching supervisors to use this proven, simple, and repeatable TWI JR methodology allows a company to:
- Create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences contribute to their full potential
- Build trust and collaboration needed for continuous improvement
- Have a consistent and coachable methodology for dealing with people problems
- Increase the confidence of new and existing supervisors to effectively build strong job relations and solve people issues that arise
- Strengthen the ability to attract and train employees with no manufacturing experience as a result of having good foundations for strong job relations
To help companies get the greatest benefit from this training course, a VMEC advisor will work with each company’s participants and sponsor. Practice using the tools starts after the first day of training. The sponsor is there for support and coaching as participants apply what they have learned.
Training Within Industry Job Relations Training (TWI JR) was developed to teach good leadership skills to front line supervisors. The training was developed at Harvard University during World War II; and it is still used today by some of the world’s most successful manufacturing companies.
The fundamental premise is “A supervisor gets results through people!”
There are two components to the training:
- Foundations for how to establish good relations with your people (proactive), and
- A four-step method for how to handle problems when they do arise (reactive).
This workshop is ideal for supervisors and managers that are new to leadership or want a refresher on these skills. Leaders at all levels in the organization can benefit from this training as they learn a common language and methods and coach and support each other in applying the skills learned.
The course is presented in 5 two-and-a-half-hour sessions in a single week (future courses may have a different format) and will be fully remote using Zoom. More than half of the course time is spent on applied learning with everyday experiences and situations to develop the skills of each participant. In addition to the instructor’s case studies, each participant completes one demonstration during the week – applying the 4-step TWI JR methodology taught to a people problem from their own work experience.
Who Should Attend:
- Each company is encouraged to have 2 people attend the training together. These should be individuals who are responsible for directing the work of others, leading or training and/or people who are supervising or coaching supervisors (managers, Operations leaders, HR managers, others).
- Each company must have a sponsor for the course who supports the practice and application of the knowledge both during and following the training. VMEC advisors will assist and be available to help participants and sponsors as they define obstacles and next steps. If the sponsor is not familiar with TWI Job Relations, then we encourage them to be one of the training participants.
- Training Within Industry Job Instruction training is also offered and participants are encouraged to consider both training opportunities. Click this link to view upcoming trainings; if TWI JI is not shown, please inquire at [email protected]
Dates: Monday – Friday, June 7 – 11, 2021, 9:00 – 11:30 am
Venue: Zoom meeting – Participants must have a camera and microphone in order to participate in the course.
Please let VMEC know if there are other ways we can help you participate in this very important opportunity. Email: [email protected] or contact Phil Chadderdon, VMEC Advisor, at [email protected] or (802) 274-1407.
Payment: Please make check payable to “VMEC” and mail to PO Box 12, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0012. To pay by credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX), click here.