9:00AM - 11:30AM
$595 per personRegister Here
Whether you are experienced or new to leadership, this training provides an introduction to proven methods along with practical experience and coaching related to a project from your work. Gain confidence, stability and adaptability in your role!
The course goals focus on developing critical thinking skills and repeatable methods to:
- Get results through people
- Make improvements using a repeatable process
- Document jobs and train employees
- Communicate and address issues in a way that respects people and increases effectiveness with the problem solving and training methods
The course is split into five, 2 1/2 hour live, remote classroom sessions – Wednesdays, May 5, 12, 19, 26 and June 2, 2021, 9:00 – 11:30 am each day – and three opportunities to participate in group coaching sessions to get feedback on application of the new skills and methods. Participants will also be part of a private work group on VMEC’s Manufacturing Exchange-Vermont (MXVT.org) where they can access course materials, receive coaching and feedback, and participate in on-line discussions during and after the course. This training will provide a safe and interactive environment for participants to learn and practice new skills.
The course introduces and teaches specific skills from Toyota Kata improvement method, Training Within Industry Job Instruction (TWI JI) and Training Within Industry Job Relations (TWI JR).
It is recommended that participants have a company sponsor. The sponsor is committing the participant’s time for instruction, coaching and practice. They are also committing to support the participant by being available as a sounding board, addressing obstacles and coaching. This includes helping with suggesting opportunities for application of the tools.
This training works well with 2-4 people from the company taking it at the same time. Please consider this an important option. Also, about two weeks following completion of the course, a follow-up coaching session is offered to discuss successes and obstacles that present themselves during deployment. Sponsors are encouraged to engage in the follow-up to help support the continued application of the tools.
Who Should Attend:
- Anyone who directs the work of others
- New supervisors and lead people who want to get started quickly with fundamental skills
- Experienced supervisors that want a refresher on skills with practice and coaching
- Leadership teams looking for common language and approach on which to build
- Supervisors or managers who want an introduction to Toyota Kata, TWI JI and/or TWI JR
Questions on this course? Please contact Phil Chadderdon, VMEC Professional Manufacturing and Business Growth Advisor, at [email protected] or (802) 274-1407.
Payment: Please make check payable to “VMEC” and mail to PO Box 12, Randolph Center, VT 05061-0012. To pay by credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX), click here.