NOTE: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, VMEC has decided to delay its seventh ExporTech™ program. Originally slated for Spring 2020, we will now seek to hold the program in Fall 2020. This page will be updated as plans are formed. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Please contact Lisa Henderson, VMEC Director of Client Services, (802) 299-1456 or [email protected], for additional information on the program. Let us know of your desire to grow your international sales by doing it right – developing a plan through VT ExporTech™ 2020! Also, be sure to check out our ExporTech™ blog post, “Opportunities Beyond Our Borders” as well as the event flyer here.
If you are ready to make the investment of time, ExporTech™ can unlock your export growth potential. This 12-week program will give you:
- A structured export strategy development process
- The opportunity to participate in the ONLY national program which can assist you in developing an export plan
- Connections with world-class experts that can assist you in navigating the process
- Countless hours of saved time in payment processes, property protection, finding the right people to do the work
- Thousands of dollars in new export sales
Three (3) day-long sessions must be attended by each participant as well as involvement in two (2) individual coaching sessions and the final plan implementation and go-to-market project. Space is limited to 8 companies, up to 4 executives per company.
PLEASE NOTE: State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) grants are available to assist “eligible small business concerns” in entering and succeeding in the international marketplace. Services under the STEP Program are funded in part by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Please contact Lisa Henderson, VMEC Director of Client Services, at [email protected] or (802) 299-1456 for information on the program or to let us know of your interest.
Growth opportunities exist in global markets and exporting can be an important strategy for increasing sales. Today, 95% percent of the world’s consumers live outside of the United States. Learning how to tap into these new markets can have a huge upside potential! While increasing exports is a top priority for most manufacturers, exporting has some very important benefits. Diversifying globally protects firms from slow-downs in any one country. International networking can lead to the development of new processes, technologies, skills, product applications and even new business partnerships. Nationwide, the ExporTech™ program has reached over 1,000 companies. Statistics are as follows:
Current program numbers:
- 196 ExporTech™ programs
- 34 states and Puerto Rico have completed an ExporTech™ program
- 1,006 clients have completed the program and Average impacts:
- $500,000 – $700,000 average sales increase / retention per company
- $91,000 average cost and investment savings per company
- $500 Million in total program sales (new / retained) to date
- $12,000 average follow-on sales for centers per client
- 5.5 new jobs per company
- 70% of companies report sales increase or cost savings.