Cybersecurity and Supply Chain
Identify, assess, and mitigate risk
Both Cybersecurity and Supply Chain Management are about protecting the essential elements of your business, your reputation, and your relationships with your suppliers and customers. Having a practical, well-balanced plan to address trouble before it happens will give your company a competitive advantage when it happens.
VMEC has partnered with NUARI, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that serves the national public interest through the interdisciplinary study of critical national security issues. Together, we will develop a cybersecurity plan based on your organization’s current state, to help you achieve your future state by utilizing network monitoring and consulting, tailored training to build your organization capability, and crisis response exercises to strengthen and protect your organization and critical infrastructure.
Establishing and maintaining a strong supply chain is critical to the success of any manufacturing organization. Your success may come down to the need for supplier redundancies as well as understanding the true cost of sourcing and the impacts and potential risks to your business. VMEC can help your business evaluate your supply chain, identify, and qualify new suppliers and minimize the overall risk to the business.
Research and Evidence Based Outcomes
Cybersecurity and supply chain management are essential in protecting confidential information, maintaining customer trust, mitigating risk, complying with regulations, and ultimately protecting your business’s reputation.
According to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the manufacturing industry is the second most targeted industry based on the number of reported cyber-attacks. Strengthening your strategy here directly protects your bottom line.
Additionally, the global pandemic has shown us all the importance and need for supplier redundancies as well as understanding the true cost of sourcing and the impacts and potential risks to your business.
Provide resources and assistance to help Vermont manufacturers take action to protect their business from cybersecurity threats.
Help Vermont manufacturers evaluate the risks and opportunities associated with the supply chain.
What We Do
- Assessments and evaluations of existing capabilities to identify gaps and vulnerabilities in your cybersecurity and emergency action plans
- Establish and maintain organizational resilience by helping you develop the framework for continuous preparedness against internal and external cyber threats
- Education and training to establish and build capabilities within your team’s strategic capabilities, cyber competencies and NIST SP 800-171 compliance requirements
- Proprietary cyber exercises, secure network monitoring and consulting, and education, all based on your business, budget, and capacity
- Capability to work within the Supply Chain Optimization and Intelligence Network (SCOIN) which expands the MEP National Network’s scope from working primarily with individual companies to taking a more comprehensive approach to manufacturing supply chains. The initiative helps establish new service offerings to provide manufacturers with what they need to improve existing supply chain networks and fill gaps in the supply chain.
- Utilizing a key SCOIN service, CONNEX™ Vermont, is the Green Mountain State’s answer to your supply chain solution. Whether you’re a buyer or seller, this is the one-stop, secure, on-line platform that connects Vermont’s small manufacturers and suppliers in a single, searchable supply chain solution.
For Cybersecurity matters, contact Brett Ference, VMEC Director of Business Development.
For Supply Chain matters, contact Mark O'Hearn, VMEC Business Growth Advisor - Supply Chain.
We Get to Know You and Your Business
Build a Customized Approach
Apply and Teach Proven Tools and Methodology With Expert Guidance
Hands-on Support Through Application and Follow Up
Ensure Solutions That Help You Succeed
Everyone’s business is different, VMEC takes the time to understand what makes your business unique and partners with you to help achieve your business goals.