Lean Six Sigma
- VMEC Home
- Workshops & Training
- Lean Six Sigma
Lean and Six Sigma are being implemented in a wide variety of manufacturing and service organizations throughout the world and in a variety of functions. What are the history, benefits and disadvantages, terms, strategies and methodologies? Is lean and/or Six Sigma something that your organization should be doing? Should you do one or both methods? Which should come first? Get answers to all these questions and more.
Don’t just learn about lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma – also experience them through two hands-on simulations. At the end of the workshop participants should be able to clearly explain the differences between lean and Six Sigma, their strengths and weaknesses, and why combining the best of these methodologies maximize results. If you are considering lean and/or Six Sigma, get information to help you make a decision. Executives to employees and novices to experts can benefit from this training.
This 10-day training course is a comprehensive, hands-on orientation to the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt body of knowledge. The training is typically coordinated with a results-driven project for each candidate. This provides a practical framework for learning Lean Six Sigma by experience, as tailored to one’s work area – while delivering immediate ROI to the organization. For candidates without a project, a built-in working project provides for realistic learning and practice. The course is designed to ensure the participants can understand, apply, analyze, evaluate and create various Six Sigma DMAIC tools and techniques appropriately.
Upon completion of the Six Sigma course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the Six Sigma problem-solving model and overall strategy & methodology
- Understand the core methods within the model, and how and when to apply each
- Obtain knowledge and skills of core Lean Six Sigma methods to successfully contribute to a DMAIC process improvement effort
- Forecast project value, schedule, and cost – updating estimates as appropriate
- Communicate project plans and status to leadership and stakeholders
- Assess and manage project risk
- Verify delivery of results
- Understand how to drive value via Lean Six Sigma based on your specific project role
- Effectively lead a Lean Six Sigma project team